Passionate about the arts? Can’t wait to make a difference?
What if you could develop your own talents AND support amazing artists along the way? Our dedicated and impassioned Athena Project Interns get to do just that!
Right now at Athena Project we have Internships open in all these inspiring areas, for talented high school and college creatives!
- Social Media: We need super-savvy, driven Social Media Interns to attract and interact with vibrant virtual communities – you get to design, coordinate and launch targeted social media campaigns throughout the year. 5–10 hours/week, ongoing. (Hours may increase during our busy Festival in March!)
- Videography and Photography: We’re seeking top-notch Videography Interns and Photography Interns to capture our stories in pictures, while sticking tight to project briefs and deadlines. 5–10 hours/week for a 36-week position, or 10 hours/week for a 16-week gig. (Please note, for a Videography or Photography Internship, you’ll need to provide your own equipment.)
- Marketing: Help drive the success of our Festival and support of female artists by developing and launching marketing strategies and generating marketing materials that build meaningful community relationships. 5–10 hours/week, ongoing throughout the year.
- Graphic Design: Enhance your creativity and challenge your design horizons by creating graphics and layouts for ads and newsletters, as well as online and social media content. 5 hours/week ongoing. (Hours may increase leading up to the Festival!)
- Festival Coordination: You need to be super-organized and learn quickly as a Festival Coordination Intern, as you work behind the scenes on a whole variety of key tasks with the Production Coordinators, Executive Producer, and other key Athena Project staff. 10–20 hours/week, primarily in months leading up to the Festival.
- Administration: Hone your organizational and communication skills as one of vital Admin Interns, providing mega-efficient support to the Production Coordinators, Executive Producer, and other key Athena Project staff on all kinds of crucial projects. 10 hours/week ongoing. (May need more hours during the Festival!)
I had the opportunity to work as a Communications Intern with Athena Project in Fall 2015 while I was a student at the University of Denver. The opportunity to work with this enthusiastic group of women was an invaluable one for me both personally and professionally, and the skills and connections I developed with Athena led right to a job out of school! The internship gave me the chance to push and strengthen myself with the support of like-minded women, and further the mission of a great organization at the same time.