Interested in submitting a script for Read & Rant: A Plays In Progress Series or one of our other submission opportunities? Best way to find out what’s happening is to join our mailing list to be notified of upcoming opportunities.
Call for Submissions for Visual Artists and Muralists!
¡Convocatoria para Artistas Visuales y Muralistas! Desplácese hacia abajo para español.)
Athena Project and Comal Heritage Food Incubator are looking for a woman* muralist to design and create one 11.5ft x 9ft mural at the new Comal restaurant at 1950 35th Street located in the RiNo neighborhood in Denver. In addition to designing and completing the mural, the artist must be able to paint some portion of the mural during the location’s Grand Opening ceremony on August 26, 2023 from 12PM to 4PM. The pay is $1500 for completing the mural and participating in live painting during the ceremony.
This call is open to all women* visual artists and muralists. Artists who are asylum seekers, migrants, and other non-dominant identity holders are encouraged to apply!
The mural will be located inside the restaurant. The design should highlight the change of seasons in Colorado and the heritage the people in Comal’s present and previous cohorts including but not limited to Indigenous peoples of North America and people from the following countries: Afghanistan, Venezuela, Ethiopia, Iran, Spain, Mexico, Ecuador, and Costa Rica.
Below is the link to a Google Form to apply for this position. All material must be submitted via the following link to be reviewed by our team. We will not accept physical copies, emails, or USB submissions.
Artists must provide the following information in their submission to be considered:
- A short (no more than 750 words) proposal describing your vision for the project. Feel free to include sketches, doodles, and other design ideas to supplement your proposal for us to understand what you are envisioning
- Your portfolio with a minimum of 5 images of any previous completed work (not all works have to be of murals but at least 2 of them should be)
- A resume/CV listing any past experience with murals, art installations, public art, or other relevant large projects
- Links to your social media accounts or websites
- List of references with at least two references whom we may contact quickly
The submission form also includes a more detailed description of the project, pay, and expectations. We have included images and videos there as well.
ALL SUBMISSIONS DUE BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 4th, 2023 BY 11:59 PM!
Athena Project y Comal Heritage Food Incubator están buscando una mujer* muralista para diseñar y crear un mural de 11.5 pies x 9 pies en el nuevo restaurante Comal en 1950 35th Street ubicado en el vecindario RiNo en Denver. Además de diseñar y completar el mural, el artista debe poder pintar una parte del mural durante la ceremonia de inauguración del lugar el 26 de agosto de 2023 de 12:00 p. m. a 4:00 p. m. El pago es de $1500 por completar el mural y participar en la pintura en vivo durante la ceremonia.
Esta convocatoria está abierta a todas las mujeres* artistas visuales y muralistas. ¡Se anima a los artistas que son solicitantes de asilo, inmigrantes y otros titulares de identidad no dominantes a postularse!
El mural estará ubicado dentro del restaurante. El diseño debe resaltar el cambio de estaciones en Colorado y la herencia de las personas en las cohortes actuales y anteriores de Comal, incluidos, entre otros, los pueblos indígenas de América del Norte y las personas de los siguientes países: Afganistán, Venezuela, Etiopía, Irán, España, México, Ecuador y Costa Rica.
A continuación se muestra el enlace a un formulario de Google para solicitar este puesto. Todo el material debe ser enviado a través del siguiente enlace para ser revisado por nuestro equipo. No aceptaremos copias físicas, correos electrónicos o presentaciones USB.
Los artistas deben proporcionar la siguiente información en su presentación para ser considerados:
- Una propuesta breve (no más de 750 palabras) que describa su visión del proyecto. Siéntase libre de incluir bocetos, garabatos y otras ideas de diseño para complementar su propuesta para que podamos entender lo que está imaginando.
- Tu portafolio con un mínimo de 5 imágenes de cualquier trabajo previo completado (no todos los trabajos tienen que ser murales pero al menos 2 de ellos deberían serlo)
- Un currículum vitae que incluya cualquier experiencia pasada con murales, instalaciones de arte, arte público u otros proyectos importantes relevantes.
- Enlaces a sus cuentas de redes sociales o sitios web
- Lista de referencias con al menos dos referencias a las que podemos contactar rápidamente
El formulario de presentación también incluye una descripción más detallada del proyecto, el pago y las expectativas. Hemos incluido imágenes y videos allí también.
¡TODAS LAS PRESENTACIONES VENCEN EL VIERNES 4 DE AGOSTO DE 2023 A LAS 11:59 p. m.!
*En Athena Project, creemos que “mujer” significa muchas cosas y puede ser un término complicado. Reconocemos que el término “mujer” no incluye automáticamente todos los aspectos del espectro de género. Queremos crear un espacio más seguro para la expresión y el crecimiento de todas las mujeres, personas no binarias y LGBTQIA+.
At Athena Project, we aspire to empower women* through the arts. One of the ways we do this is by pairing women artists with performance opportunities via our Curating Art for Impact program. By partnering with a business who is interested in bringing arts to their community, we offer paid opportunities for our artists and connection points for audiences to experience the joy that comes with hearing live music.
Starting June 3, and running every Saturday until the end of the month, we have partnered with Cherry Creek North and will be providing opportunities for over 70 musicians to perform at various “stages” throughout the Cherry Creek North neighborhood. Actual performance spots vary, but will most likely be in front of and next to businesses who would love to liven up their patios and shops with live music. We plan to position our musicians to the spots that best fit their needs and are seeking applicants that meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to perform for 90 minutes continuously with no more than a 5 minute break in between
- Must be able to provide all necessary equipment to perform
- Must be able to load in and setup inside a 15 minute window prior to their set start time, and break down and load out within a 15 minute window following the end of the set
- Must be able to play without power as not all spaces will have access to power
- Must be able to provide “family friendly” entertainment only
- This is a rain or shine OUTDOOR event. In the event of inclement weather, we are working on securing options for alternative indoor spaces. Flexibility is required.
- Must be able to play live–prefer no recorded tracks.
Singer/Songwriter Soloists and Duos encouraged to apply. Preferred genres of music are jazz, classical, acoustic guitar, harpists, floutists, acapella singers, etc. Trios and groups will be considered as appropriate space is available but stipend is set at $300/90 minute time slot regardless of the number of people in the group.
At this time we are NOT seeking other art forms–only musicians. However, if you are an artist working in another genre, please join our mailing list so you may stay abreast of all upcoming opportunities.
Below is the link to apply. Please fill in the form as completely as possible as if you are accepted, this helps us save a back and forth step of gathering more information from you. Thank you in advance and you will hear from us asap whether or not we have selected you.
Deadline to submit for this next round is MIDNIGHT FRIDAY MAY 26. After that, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there are still spots available!
Athena Project’s Read & Rant: A Plays In Progress Series
Submissions Accepted:August 15-31 for November Read & Rant
Athena Project’s new Read & Rant program seeks to combine the original form’s sharing of theatrical work with the wider public with the new play development aspects of Plays In Progress while also fostering collaboration between playwrights and dramaturgs. We are initiating these changes to Read & Rant with the goal to create digital opportunities for early and mid-career playwrights, uplifting women* writers and dramaturgs overall, and highlighting the underrepresentation of women* in these positions.
A total of five plays will be selected via lottery. Two of these plays will be featured in our next Read & Rant and will receive a moderated Zoom discussion led by a dramaturg and initial public feedback. The remaining three will still have an opportunity to receive short feedback from a dramaturg via a medium of their preference (written, audio recording, short video, or live phone call).
- Playwright must be a woman* and may submit only one full-length script each month. Full-length is defined by at least 60 pages in standard playscript format.
- Only previously unproduced plays are eligible. Scripts with prior workshops, readings or academic productions are accepted, but the script should be revised prior to submission to Read & Rant so the playwright receives the most benefit from this opportunity. (Presently, we cannot accept musicals.)
- Submission must include:
- Summary of the play only
- What you hope to personally experience by participating in Read & Rant and working with a dramaturg
- Resume in PDF format
- Completion of the short Google Form Application
The submission deadline is August 31, 2023, 11:59 pm MDT for November Read & Rant participation.
Athena Project is currently seeking dramaturgs to join our artistic network! Our virtual Read & Rant program combines the sharing of theatrical work with the wider public and the new play development aspects of our former Plays In Progress Series while also fostering collaboration between playwrights and dramaturgs. Think book club for plays!
Plays In Progress Readers
At this time we’re not looking for plays-in-progress readers, however, if you love plays and supporting women writers, we invite you to join us at an upcoming Read & Rant session–there are plenty of opportunities to connect over plays and ranting. And who knows, you might even find one to rave about!
Please check back for future dance submission opportunities.